Featured Keynote Speaker
E. Joseph Steier (Joe) Steier, III – President & CEO and Co-Founder, Signature HealthCARE
Under Joe’s leadership, SHC has earned many national accolades including Modern Healthcare’s ‘Best Places to Work’ designation, the Inc. 5000 list of the nation’s fastest-growing privately held companies, U.S. News & World Report’s list of ‘Best Nursing Homes,’ and more. Signature has launched multiple spin-off organizations including Silver Angels Home Care Services, and SHC Med Partners. As well as Sig Rehab, A Signature Healthcare subsidiary. Also, various philanthropic endeavors aid Signature’s own employees and the communities it serves.
On the leading edge of health care innovation and specialization, Joe and his leadership team have expanded into the care continuum including post-acute units inside of acute care hospitals, developing specialized behavioral centers, operating dementia and Alzheimer’s programs within various healthcare settings, and operating high acuity pulmonary programs including ventilator care.
With Signature’s most recent acquisition, the aggressive expansion of SHC Medical Partners, the launching of Signature Advantage, the addition of YourDOC2U, our telemedicine launch, and the massive policy changes impacting all healthcare providers and consumers, Signature, under Joe’s leadership, is leading the evolutionary healthcare landscape through market-based intelligence, demographic shifts, specialty needs, and intuitive prowess, as sweeping unknowns continue to outpace the rate of operational change.
Signature helped catapult the city of Louisville into the national spotlight as a leader in innovation in aging care. SHC is now among Louisville’s dominant economic clusters, a feat that has earned the industry and the city coverage in the New York Times, The Washington Post, and other renowned publications.
Joe is cofounder of the Louisville Innovation Summit to convene national leaders in health care, technology, design and other fields, and spark dialogue about the future of aging care. A Louisville native, Joe has over two decades of professional experience invested in health care. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in accounting from Bellarmine University, a CPA license, a health care executive leadership MBA from the University of Miami, and Masters and Doctorate degrees in Education from the University of Pennsylvania/Wharton School of Business.
In 2017, Joe was inducted into the Kentucky Chamber’s Entrepreneur Hall of Fame. In addition, he has received the Business First Forty Under 40 Hall of Fame award, Partners in Healthcare ‘Leader of the Year’ award and Community Health Charities of Kentucky’s Champions in Health Leadership award, among many other honors.
Don’t miss this in-person event! Register NOW…
Building Excellence with Simulation Training (BEST)
*PLEASE NOTE: Sign-up required at time of registration (at no extra charge).
Kevin Hansen (Associate Professor in the Department of Health and Aging Services Leadership at Bellarmine University) and Keith R. Knapp, PhD, HSE, CNHA, FACHCA (Senior Advisor – Adult Programs for the Secretary of the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services and Associate Professor, Department of Health Management and Policy, College of Public Health, University of Kentucky)
Responding to the rapidly changing dynamics in the post-acute care and senior housing leadership field, a diverse, highly skilled group of professionals have created a ‘state of the art’ long-term care simulation program. The goal of BEST is to provide a honing of critical thinking and decision-making skills for both existing administrators and emerging long-term care leaders.
BEST is an interactive, full day experience in an environment simulating actual operations of various settings using real data. The program was designed to reflect current realities in the changing marketplace and provides a ‘hands on’ learning experience. BEST assists individuals in the field to:
- Understand the cause and effect of individual decisions
- Appreciate the impact of working collaboratively with numerous stakeholders, and
- Help determine what additional skills individuals and organizations may need to enhance their proficiency in the profession
Why does BEST use simulation?
Adults learn best by doing. Simulation teaches people to deal with lots of detail and allows them to see instant results to decisions they make. And it creates a competitive spirit between the teams that drives them to dig deeper and think more carefully; they learn faster.
- E. Joseph Steier (Joe) Steier, III – President & CEO and Co-Founder, Signature HealthCARE – Keynote Speaker
- Linda Saunders – Founder & President, Censusolutions – “Optimizing and Sustaining Occupancy Post Pandemic: What 2020 Taught Us and What’s Next”
- Keith R. Knapp, PhD, HSE, CNHA, FACHCA Senior Advisor – Adult Programs for the Secretary of the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services and Associate Professor, Department of Health Management and Policy, College of Public Health University of Kentucky – “Building Your Yellow Brick Road: Path to LTC Leadership Excellence”
- Special Opportunities – Madison, IN Excursion or Belterra Golf Outing (limited spots available)
- Dinner Reception
- State Specific Meetings and Breakfast
- Sheri Rose – CEO / Executive Director; Partner, The Thrive Center, Inc. – Commonwealth Leverage LLC – “Technology advancements and new innovations accelerated during and because of the pandemic”
- Mary Haynes, RN, MS, MSN, CNHA – President and CEO, Nazareth Home – “Reflections on 2020: a year of Grit and Grace”
- Kimble Richardson, M.S. LMHC, LCSW, LMFT, LCAC – Manager, Business Development and Referrals Community Health Network – “Mental Fitness: Strategies to Recognize Stress and Enhance Resilience”
- Pam Richmond – Chief Strategy Officer, Otterbein SeniorLife – “Exploring the Otterbein Small House Philosophy, Design and Operating Model”
- Chris Conoley – President and CEO Samaritan Alliance – “Effective Negotiation Skills for LTC”
- Special Activities
- Building Excellence with a Simulation Tool (BEST)
Earn up to 13.5 CEs! *The NAB continuing education hours are approximates.